[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

My point is :
The following should be added to line 81 of pi_netrw.txt version 2007 May
08.
:let loaded_netrwPlugin = 1

If DrChip thinks the document should not change, then the netrwPlugin might
have to be changed to still recognize the "loaded_netrw" variable.

That's an awful lot of text just to mention that there's an omission from the help!

Anyway, I have no problem putting the extra documentation note in. It'll be part of the runtime archives, assuming that Bram approves, when I next give him an updated netrw. This variable's presence allows folks to get updated netrw.vim versions, placed in their personal .vim/ (vimfiles\) to take precedence over the system versions; ie. updating no longer requires removal of the system versions.

Regards,
Chip Campbell