On 5/30/07, A.J.Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
fREW wrote:
>> Or just try gg=G after you had opened your xml file.
>
>> 4) to reformat an existing file:
>>
>>         gggqG
>
> What is the actual difference of these two commands?  I usually use =
> for code and gq for text, so I presumed that one was for formatting
> and one was for 'linewidth'ing.

You may be right. For the exact differences, lookup

        :help =
        :help gq

GOD: That is your purpose Arthur ... the Quest for the Holy Grail ...

For anyone who was wondering, they can be the same, but they can both
be customized, and if they are NOT customized, it looks like gq will
textwidthify and = will format for c.

--
-fREW