Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> Kamaraju Kusumanchi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> дÓÚ 2007-06-04
> 11:56:39:
> > Hi
> >
> >     I installed vim 7.1 via cygwin on Windows XP machine.
> However,
> > when I run vim on the bash shell of cygwin, I am getting the
> following
> error.
> >
> > E558: Terminal entry not found in terminfo
> > 'cygwin' not known. Available builtin terminals are:
>
> Generally, this will occur if you download vim source from vim
> "official"
> site and compile under cygwin by yourself.

I have neither downloaded vim from the official website nor compiled it myself.
I have installed vim only via cygwin's installer. I installed only the binary
packages (and no source packages at all).

Could this be a problem with the mirror site that I am downloading the cygwin
packages from? My mirror is http://mirrors.xmission.com . Is there any other
mirror which might work?

thanks
raju

Find out how you can get spam free email.
http://www.bluebottle.com