Charles Campbell wrote:

> I just had an error report about Align that's curious.  I've been
> passing arguments to Align and AlignCtrl with <f-args> -- has that
> recently changed?  At issue is backslashes and input argument
> processing.  I see where <f-args> now converts \\ to \ , but \x (where x
> is not a \ ) is left as \x .
>
> Several maps are now broken that didn't used to be.
>
> Of course, this conversion method means that a simple
> escape(argument,'\') doesn't help -- the \s go to \\, and that's ok, but
> \x goes to \\x, which isn't.  I don't see a way to recover the actual
> input argument as a result.
>
> So, a feature request: how about a <p-args> that breaks the input
> arguments at whitespace (but otherwise leaves the arguments alone).  The
> "p" is to be vaguely reminescent of: pattern-arguments (as in regular
> expression patterns)?

I think the last time something changed here was with patch 7.0.214,
that's quite a long time ago.  It was done because the handling of
escaped white space was wrong.

I understand that you don't want to escape white space at all, thus
"a\ b" would be split in "a\" and "b".  Why not use <q-args> and do the
splitting at white space in the invoked function?

182. You may not know what is happening in the world, but you know
     every bit of net-gossip there is.