Hello !

Since a couple of weeks or even months, I use a custom build vim.
I was annoyed by the `flickering` popup menu (pum), so I dived
right into the vim-code. It was daunting for me, still had issues with
the language.
So I tried to find the right spots, by mass spamming statements
that prevented a redraw followed by incrementally deleting them again.

As a result, I understood 1% of the code and had a 'behaving` pum,
which only redraws the screen at the start,end and when hiding the pvw.
If there is any interest, I can post that patch.

So the question is, how to the vim-devs see this situation ?
If someone, with a minor understanding of the whole project can fix it
with no obvious drawbacks, someone with a proper understanding should find
a solution in no time. :-)

I am sorry, if this already out of date. The search on 'pum' and 'popup
menu'
gave no results (actually 1, but unrelated). I am using vim7.1b w/o any
other
patches.

A.Politz