Charles E Campbell Jr wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Included with v112 of netrw is a new command, :NetrwClean[!] .  What it
> does is remove all of netrw's parts from your home directory and, with
> the "!" variant, your system directories.   This can be useful when:
>
> * you've put a copy of netrw in your personal directory
>
> * you've now updated your version of vim and it has a more up-to-date
> version of netrw that you'd like to be using (usually the personal
> directory version overrides the system version).
>
> I've sent a copy of v112 on to Bram, so I expect it'll be showing up on
> the ftp site and via cvs Real Soon Now if not already, so some of you
> may be faced with this issue.  Thanks, by the way!  I really appreciate
> all testing done before I get netrw into some new version of vim where,
> if there's some bug still in there, I get inundated with reports.
>
> Anyway, those of you with earlier versions of netrw in their personal
> directories can't use the new :NetrwClean command (yet).  So, I've
> written a stand-alone version of netrwclean; its available at my website:
>
> http://mysite.verizon.net/astronaut/vim/index.html#NETRWCLEAN
>
> Please feel free to download it and use it.  BTW, it doesn't remove any
> vimballs, so netrw.vba[.gz] will be left alone, wherever it may be.
>
> Regards,
> Chip Campbell

At the moment there is still a spurious runtime/plugin/netrw.vim on the rsync
server, which is (IIUC) an obsolete version of autoload/netrw.vim. Let's hope
it will disappear when the above will appear (presumably autoload/netrw.vim
and/or plugin/netrwPlugin.vim etc.).

Best regards,
Tony.
--
No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife in the shoulder blades will
seriously cramp his style.