Edward L. Fox wrote:

  >> svn co https://vim.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/vim/vim7 vim7_svn
  >
  > Well, although Bram recommended to checkout from /svnroot/vim/vim7,
  > I'm regretful to say, you may encounter a circumstance that all
  > files in your svn working directory being deleted after you
  > run "svn up".  Such situation might happen in a probability
  > of 1/500,000.

  What is the nature of the problem?  If there is something wrong
  with co from that location, why doesn't update delete files _all_
  the time?

  > Yes, quite slim, but it indeed exists. So... Just do it at your
  > own risk. :-)
  >
  > I suggest that checking out from
https://vim.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/vim/branches/vim71/.

  Svn says that that location does not exist:

   c:\opt\svn\svn-win32-1.4.4\bin\svn.exe co
https://vim.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/vim/branches/vim71/. foo

   svn: URL 'https://vim.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/vim/branches/vim71'
doesn't exist

  Same error in all four cases of with or without foo and with or without
trailing /.

  --Suresh