Bram Moolenaar wrote:
>> gui_gtk_x11.c:3418: warning: not enough variable
>> arguments to fit a sentinel
>
> The function definition that is in gnome-program.h looks like this:
>
> GnomeProgram *
> gnome_program_init (const char *app_id, const char *app_version,
>                   const GnomeModuleInfo *module_info,
>                   int argc, char **argv,
>                   const char *first_property_name, ...);
>
> Which would fit our use just fine.  Don't know what the
> warning is for.

Googling does not throw much light on the matter, but I see hints that gcc
wants the caller to pass at least one variable argument. I infer that the
"sentinel" mentioned here is (void *)0 appended to the variable argument
list to flag the end. Maybe gcc does that for safety, or maybe gcc checks if
the source does it. Of course some code would not use a sentinel, but maybe
it is for safety in case the called function wants it?

So the warning may go away if there were an extra NULL argument in the
gnome_program_init() call (so there is one optional argument).

John