I seem to have a problem where I want to upgrade my version of gvim
for linux but am somewhat confused by the site....

there seems to be a vim-7.1.tar.bz2.... but I have no idea what a bz2
file is and the site doesn't explain it (that I can find...).

so I tried to use vim-6.4-src1.tar.gz and vim-6.4-src2.tar.gz and
untar'ed them.
according to the site you need to type "make install" and everything
will work (assuming a c compiler and such...) but unfortunately, I
couldn't find a "makefile"....

Not sure why this couldn't be setup to be as easy as installing gvim
for my windows box...