Christopher Berardi wrote:

>Any advice and/or suggestions would be welcomed.

Well, one thing I've always wished for (but never got around to
implementing), was the ability to set watchpoints in vimscript (ie. it
would be part of the debugging suite).  Just in case you don't know what
a watchpoint is: basically, its an expression that's evaluated at the
end of every line of script.  If it becomes true, then the execution is
stopped -- just like a breakpoint had been set there.  One should be
able to continue, etc.

Seems like a nice, not too big, GSoC project to me.  Of course, I
haven't implemented it, so I don't know how much work is involved.  On
the other hand, breakpoints are already available, so that should be
helpful.

Regards,
Chip Campbell