On 23-Jun-08 18:58, François Ingelrest wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 18:31, Ben Schmidt
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Actually, I might be wrong about that...I thought he did, but I can't
>> spot the post in the archives now, so maybe I am going crazy!
>
> He did:
>
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 18:51, Bram Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I can reproduce it.  One more for the todo list.

No, Bram only replied to the original poster (Ben Fritz), acknowledging the
"--remote-tab-silent + wildignore" bug. (This is the excerpt from the todo
list:)

     When using --remote-silent and the file name matches 'wildignore' get an
     E479 error.  without --remoete-silent it works fine. (Ben Fritz, 2008 Jun
     20)

I added my observation of the glob() <=> wildignore connection, which may be
related to that bug (if glob() is used internally when opening the files passed
via --remote-tab-silent). But maybe I'm mistaken, and glob() really should
observe the 'wildignore' setting. I'd like to have a clarification on that,
because so far, the VIM documentation doesn't mention this. If this is
works-as-intended, I'd volunteer to write a patch to the VIM help for glob()
and
'wildignore', so that others won't fall into that trap.

-- ingo