SungHyun Nam wrote:

> I noticed the Cursor and CursorIM color is not displayed correctly in
> VIM 7.2a.
> VIM 7.1.xxx (Last xxx was 330) worked as expected.
>
> For the VIM 7.2a;
> 1. run gvim  -> 'Cursor' color
> 2. type 'i'  -> 'Cursor' color
> 3. type imak (s-space) -> 'CursorIM' color
>                            I can input Hangul..
> 4. type imak (s-space) again -> oops! 'CursorIM' color yet.. :-(
>                                  But, I can input English..
>                                  VIM 7.1 shows 'Cursor' color.
>
> Through 2 to 4 stage, command-line window(?) always shows '-- INSERT --'.
>
> And, now..
>
> 5. type ESC -> 'Cursor' color
> 6. type 'i' -> 'CursorIM' color, but I can input English.
>                 And now, command-line window shows '-- IM INSERT --'.
>
> Cursor color is important to distinguish current input language.
>
> I always build VIM from CVS and build options was not changed.
> And I tried to change the CFLAGS as:
>   s/-Os -march=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -pthread/-O0/g
> The result was same. The cygwin is very recent version (I updated a few
> weeks ago).

There is an "#if 0" in src/mbyte.c:

        #if 0
            /* Removal of this line suggested by Takuhiro Nishioka.  Fixes that
IM was
             * switched off unintentionally. */
            im_is_active = FALSE;
        #endif

Perhaps this change is what matters?

Looks like this is the usual mixup with using one flag for more than one
thing.  Perhaps we also need a "preedit_is_active" flag?

133. You communicate with people on other continents more than you
     do with your own neighbors.