Hi Bram, Developers,

it took a while, but it's finally available...

Test it, play with it: have fun with it!

It's at the following URL:

http://github.com/cmichon/vim

For "those who never used git", no worries:
- just use the web interface, you can grab tarballs of a specific
version/commit using the "download" button.
- you can also navigate using the "network" tab and slide through vim
history (each dot will give you a pop up with commit details).

For git users: you can clone it at:
git://github.com/cmichon/vim.git

I intend to update it accordingly in the future. If you notice
mistakes, I can fix them: let me know.
I already know the test22 file has issues (CTRL-M was not respected
actually: ignore this for now).

Keep in mind that:
- this is not upstream of course
- all commits are "from Bram" (I managed to keep ownership and dates)
- each release has its own branch (master=7.1)
- tags point to the pristine/official releases (the tags seem not to
work using the web interface ? to be confirmed)
- this will not include the betas, only pristine/official releases and
the usual set of patches from Bram
- I did not include the lang yet. This is mostly vim+extra, so
compilation on Windows should work too.

Here's the nice bits:
- Git users should be able to use this easily to rebase partially
bitrotted patches
- you can cherry pick features from 7.1 and backport them to 7.0 using git
- we should be able to maintain specific patches using branches
- you can virtually clone the whole history since September 2001

This was a fun experience!

Please share your comments too.

--
Christian