Hi,

What's the best way (on Windows) to open a file from vim in whatever
Windows normally uses to open that file?  For example, :!% will open
the current file, but it leaves a DOS window handing around while the
file is open, which requires a hit-enter to get rid of after closing
the file.

You also can't use vim until the file is closed in the external
program.  If I try ":!start %" to make them asynchronous, then it
doesn't know how to open "%".  If :!% knows to use "cmd /c", shouldn't
":!start %" know the same thing?

The best way seems to be ":!start cmd /c %", but now the script will
only work on Windows.  There's also an annoying DOS window hanging
around in the background.  Any way to get rid of that?

I can't find a scripting function to open a given file however the OS
sees fit.

Thanks,
Rob.

--

Robert Webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
MineSweeper3D - Take Minesweeper to a whole new dimension!