On Tue 2-Sep-08 11:41pm -0600, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
> On 03/09/08 06:11, Bill McCarthy wrote:

>> I noticed a global variable that doesn't appear to be
>> intentionally set.  The variable `cpo_save' undecorated and
>> outside a function is implicitly global.
>>
>> Unfortunately `verbose let' does not reveal where it is set.
>>   I found three places - there could be more:
>>
>>      vim72/ftplugin/hamster.vim
>>      vim72/ftplugin/vim.vim
>>      vim72/plugin/matchparen.vim
>>
>> The solution is to (1) prefix with `s:', (2) unlet, or (3)
>> do both.

> In this case, the above precautions are prudent, but only really
> necessary if those scripts can interrupt each other, which I don't think
> can happen in this case. I believe that in the first two cases above,
> prefixing with b: might also be a valid solution.

Thanks for your and Ben's comments.  Of course simply adding
an "unlet" doesn't solve the problem.  The problem is that a
global is used.  If you had a global that stored Captain
Paul Olsen's SAV(E)ings - it gets wiped out.  Globals should be
used very sparingly and only when necessary.

Yes, `b:' would be an adequate alternate - although IMHO
`s:' is more natural.  And please `unlet' - I know nobody is
running a 64k machine anymore, but why waste space?

Bill