On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:05:08 +0900, Tony Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>      noremap! ;<Return>
>>      noremap!<Return>   ;
>
> which swaps Enter and semicolon in Insert and Command-line mode. Strange
> idea. So you hit the Enter key to insert a semicolon into text, and you
> hit the semicolon key to break the line? Weird.
Yes, it is weird for many pepole, but there are some people who does swap
the two keys because they don't want to type a far Enter key and they
rarely input semicolons for their favorite programming languages such as
Ruby.

But that's not the problem I asked.  The problem is why Vim also checks
how {pattern} for '/' or '?' was inputted to determine whether folds
should be opened or not.

--
To Vim, or not to Vim.
kana <http://whileimautomaton.net/>