Now and then I start editing a file and want to go back to a file I
edited in a previous edit session.  But the name doesn't appear in the
marks or buffer list.  Still, I know the file name is in the viminfo
file.  There are plugins for this, but I thought it would be nice if Vim
could retrieve file names natively.

The idea is simple: when reading the viminfo file on startup, store the
file names from the list of buffer marks in v:oldfiles.  This already
makes it possible to use them.  For convenience I added the ":oldfiles"
command to list them (nicer than ":echo v:oldfiles").  And the #<N item
to be able to use the file name in most places on the command line.

Please try the patch and tell me what you think.

-
ERROR 047: Keyboard not found.  Press RETURN to continue.