On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 15:16, Tony Mechelynck
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 22/10/08 13:57, Nikolai Weibull wrote:

>> [...] I really dislike this tendency
>> computers have to not adhering to the mantra "do as I mean, not as I

> Sorry, but in the programming world I don't follow your "don't do as I
> say, do as I mean" mantra. With me it's "do as I say, and if I talk
> nonsense (if I'm using invalid syntax), tell me so".

You miss the point entirely.  If I say remove(list, 8, -1) I expect it
to give me a list of the first 8 elements in list.  I don't care if
there actually are 8 elements in that list, I just want the first 8.
If I need to I'll check that all items I require are in the resulting
list.  The point is that the specifics aren't important.  It has
nothing to do with syntax.