Hi Charles,

On 09.11.2008, at 16:32, Charles E. Campbell, Jr. wrote:

> I was browsing the wiki -- and I noticed the tip "Preview current HTML
> in browser on Mac OS X" (well, a comment to it does):
>  let g:netrw_browsex_viewer = 'open'
> so that the viewer triggered by "x" in the netrw browser will work
> on a
> mac.  I'm not a mac user (yet), so for you mac user types:
>
>  Would it be a good idea to use "open" if has("gui_mac") is true?

This is probably better discussed on vim_mac, but:

Yes, it's a good idea to use "open", but as far as I understand,
that's what's already happening. From the netrw.vim that ships with
the latest MacVim snapshot:

   elseif has("macunix") && executable("open")
"   call Decho("exe silent !open ".shellescape(fname,1)." ".redir)
    exe "silent !open ".shellescape(fname,1)." ".redir

If I remember correctly, you added that about a year ago after I sent
you a patch. So I guess the wiki is just outdated.

Nico