On Feb 14, 2:13 am, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechely...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Using gvim 7.2.108 (Huge) with GTK2/Gnome2 GUI
>
> I notice the following about the ":tab" command. Are they intended?
>
> 1) When "filename" is already open in a window, ":tab drop filename"
> _moves_ that window to the bottom in the _current_ tab. I would have
> expected it to open the window without moving it, ignoring the ":tab"
> prefix since in this case Vim doesn't attempt to open a new split-window.

I cannot duplicate this in gvim 7.2.101 for MS Windows ("Cream"
build). I see gvim jump to the tab/window containing the file.

(Whoops, guess that's just because of some option I'm setting, not
sure which one. Launching Vim with -N -u NONE allows me to duplicate
this behavior).

> 2) ":tab help" opens $VIMRUNTIME/doc/help.txt in a new tab even if there
> already is a help window. I would have expected it to reuse the current
> help window.

I really like this behavior. I usually have several help windows open
in different tabs to avoid jumping around in the help when I already
have visited all the locations I need.