On 25/02/09 10:48, Ingo Karkat wrote:
> On 25-Feb-09 6:25, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
>> Bug? Seems so to me. even two of them (but both related to the 'keymap'
>> option).
>>
>> The one is in menu.vim (Last change: 2008 Aug 22): at lines 365 and 377
>> it uses ":set" rather than ":setlocal", which sets the keymap for _all_
>> future new buffers, not only the current one.

> Just by opening menu.vim (with folding of if..endif enabled, cp.
> http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Syntax_folding_of_Vim_scripts), I found another bug:
> There's a missing 'endif' between lines 140-141:
>
> 138 func! s:FnameEscape(fname)
> 139   if exists('*fnameescape')
> 140     return fnameescape(a:fname)
> 141   return escape(a:fname, " \t\n*?[{`$\\%#'\"|!<")
> 142 endfunc
>
> I'm not sure what the version support policy for runtime files is; in case
> they
> now only need to support VIM 7.2, one could get rid of this wrapper around
> fnameescape() completely?!
>
> -- regards, ingo

IIUC, runtime files in $VIM/vim72 are supposed to support (any
patchlevel of) Vim 7.2 (final) but not Vim 7.1, 7.0, 6.x or earlier (and
not, when it comes out, Vim 7.3 or later; not even any alpha or beta
version of any Vim release since those have their own $VIMRUNTIME).

According to version7.txt, fnameescape() was added no later than
patchlevel 7.1.299. ":sview
ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/7.1/7.1.299"; shows that that is indeed
the point where it was added. ":help fnameescape()" doesn't mention any
required feature (other than, of course, +eval). Nor does ":helpgrep
fnameescape". So AFAICT, runtime files for 7.2 (and later) can assume
that the function exists in any Vim of that release (with expression
evaluation).

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Yinkel, n.:
        A person who combs his hair over his bald spot, hoping no one