Robert Bragg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So it turns out, I'm the only one in the world that wants more than 8
> cscope connections, but I really do :-)
>
> I track / work with the source for several GNOME projects, and have my
> own builds for various common GNOME and freedesktop.org libraries which
> I have indexed via cscope and ctags. Since I don't want to reindex them
> for each application that I might be working on I maintain separate
> cscope.out files for each library, and by using a text file that
> declares the dependencies of each application I'm working on I get vim
> to add each of the relevent cscope.out files.
>
> In some cases this is more than 8, but it's less than 42 :-)
>
> Testing the following patch worked for me so it would be great if
> someone could apply this or a similar tweak to trunk.
>
> kind regards,
> - Robert

If there is a legitimate use for more than 8 cscope connections,
then I'd vote for dynamically allocated data structures, as long
as it's simple, so that:
- we do not depend on an arbitrary magic max value (8 or 42).
  Someone else might need more than 42 connections.
- we not waste memory. It may not be much, but the vast
  majority of users only use 0 or 1 cscope connection(s), so
  42 is overkill for most users.

Cheers
-- Dominique