On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 22:11, _sc_ <tooth...@swbell.net> wrote:

> On Thursday 30 April 2009 11:19 am, Yakov Lerner wrote:
> > When 'acd' is set, mksession uses short pathname in the typical usage
> which
> > leads to wrong result (the testcase below). This is biting me every time
> > use mksession (I always have acd on).
> > The interaction of 'curdir' in  sessionoptions and 'set acd' leads to
> > apparently wrong result.
> > This patch adds additional check in ses_fname, the logic is similar to
> the
> > check for 'did_lcd' which already exists for the same reason.
>
>        Note: When this option is on some plugins may not work.
>
> or maybe it's time we examined the question of whether 'autochdir'
> is buggy

I think the problem is when code tests for did_lcd  flag but does not
test for p_acd flag. Looks like p_acd should have same effect as did_lcd.
When code tests for did_lcd but not for p_acd, it's problematic for acd.
So I fixed one case of it, very pinpointed.

Maybe setting did_lcd=TRUE should be automatic
whenever p_acd is, set will solve more problems ? Maybe. I don't know.

So far, I am using acd for many years, I am satified. Before I discovered
acd,
I used lcd+au as yours, and I had side-effects, too. I switched from lcd to
acd.

Yakov