Thomas Ibbotson wrote:
> To be fair to the original poster it does say:

> at the bottom of the email, which is what they did.

I have been wondering where the "REMOVE ME" text comes from. I'm
a manager of the group, and the text does not appear to be in
the group settings, whereas the other footer text ("You received
this message...Do not top post...") is in the settings.

My guess it that the REMOVE ME footer is a new (undocumented?)
feature of Google Groups. They have done some amazing work
recently with the result that spammers are now very rare, so I
guess they also added the REMOVE ME stuff to handle another
issue that would worry most groups.

At any rate, I unsubscribed the user who inserted "REMOVE ME" (I
would have liked to have seen them try replacing the subject
with that text to see if it was effective, but the user is
probably not reading anything any more).

John