Hi,

Lately I've been getting the following warning (on Mac OS X 10.6, 64 bit):

fileio.c: In function ‘msg_add_lines’:
fileio.c:5230: warning: format ‘%ld’ expects type ‘long int’, but
argument 6 has type ‘off_t’
fileio.c:5247: warning: format ‘%ld’ expects type ‘long int’, but
argument 5 has type ‘off_t’

Apparently, LONG_LONG_OFF_T is not getting defined which causes "%ld"
to be used instead of "%lld" inside 'msg_add_lines'.  If I define it
(in vim.h) everything compiles fine.

The relevant lines in vim.h are:

#if defined(SIZEOF_OFF_T) && (SIZEOF_OFF_T > SIZEOF_LONG)
# define LONG_LONG_OFF_T
#endif

On my system neither SIZEOF_OFF_T nor SIZEOF_LONG are defined (in
auto/config.h).  Not only that, I've checked and

sizeof(off_t) = 8
sizeof(long) = 8

I guess we need some other heuristic as to when LONG_LONG_OFF_T should
be defined, but I don't know which exactly.  Does anybody else have
any ideas?

Björn