> I don't think this is the right solution.  Any key typed with CTRL would
> be affected.

That's exactly as it supposed to work in the patch.

>  I think you need to find a way to produce Esc in your russian layout.

Yes, but not only Esc.

All the keybindings with Ctrl key don't work, such as completion
(^n, ^p, ...), editing (^w, ^u).

But now I think the right solution is not to use langmap for such
translation, but just (somehow) ignore the current layout just like
it's done in the console version (vim).

I tried geany (and kate), and there Ctrl with russian letter acts
exactly like if Ctrl is pressed with the corresponding english
letter (for example, ^т acts as ^n).

I'll try to investigate how geany does that.