On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Charles Campbell
<charles.e.campb...@nasa.gov> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just attempted to update my copy of vim 7.2 with:
>
>      (date && hg pull -u) 2>&1 |tee -a ../hg-vim.log
>
> I followed that up with a   gmake distclean
> and                                     ./configure --with-features=huge
> --enable-gui=gtk2 --enable-perlinterp --enable-pythoninterp
> --enable-gnome-check --enable-cscope
>
> Configure failed with the following message:
>
> checking size of off_t... configure: error: in
> `/home/cec/.SW/VIM/Merc/vim/src':
> configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (off_t)
>
> Here's some excerpts from config.log:  (a centos 5.2 system)

Since CentOS 5.2 uses libraries a bit older than the systems I normally
test on, I setup a VM to see if it was something specific to the
library/toolchain versions in 5.2.  I installed CentOS, made a fresh
clone of the Vim repository, updated to the vim73 branch, and ran the
configure line you gave above.  Everything ran fine for me and I was
able to build Vim.

Given that, I'm not sure why you're seeing different results, unless the
different architecture is affecting things somehow (your 64-bit x86_64
vs. my 32-bit x86).

--
James
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <james...@jamessan.com>