On Jul 11, 5:10 pm, Dominique Pellé <dominique.pe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> > Christian -
>
> > I included your patch to produce a side-by-side diff with :TOhtml.
> > It looks nice!
>

> I see one problem.  In my ~/.vimrc, I have this:
>
>   let html_use_css=1
>   let html_use_xhtml=1
>   let html_dynamic_folds=1
>
> It allows to create dynamic folds in HTML output when doing :TOhtml.
> Clicking on the +/- in folds opens or closes them.  Doing :TOhtml
> on a diff output creates folds in HTML (good), but clicking on + does
> not open them (bug). I see that the HTML output in diff mode is
> missing the <script type='text/javascript'>...</script>  section.

I had meant to look at this patch, because if I recall the discussion
didn't include anything about dynamic folding. I haven't tried it
yet...is this the one that combined the two html outputs side-by-side
in the same HTML page, or does it create two separate pages?

If it creates a single page (which I would certainly prefer), I'd like
to see clicking the '+' on one side to also open the '+' on the other
side. I remember giving a little thought to this. The javascript just
looks for a class or id (I forget which) of 'fold1', 'fold2', etc. It
shouldn't be too hard to change the class/id to 'side1fold1',
'side1fold2', etc. and then have similar names on side2, and update
the javascript to open/close both sides. I certainly think this would
be preferable to only opening/closing folds on one side.