On Jul 18, 2:32 pm, Bram Moolenaar <b...@moolenaar.net> wrote:
> > I'm not even sure what's the expected behavior here:
> > should we expect the colorcolumn to be always at column 8
> > on the screen, even with concealed items?
>
> I would say the line needs to be straight to be useful.
>
> Obviously the conceal feature blurs the meaning of the column number.
>
> I found the problem that caused the line not to be straight.  I'll push
> the fix out soon.

I noticed a possibly related issue while playing around with
conceallevel=3, nomodifiable today.

If a concealed character normally is displayed with more than one
column, then column number calculations become incorrect when it's
hidden.

E.g.:

vim -u NONE -N

then insert (with ^[ being escape character):

a^[bcd

then

:set conceallevel=3
:set noma
:syn match foo conceal "\e"

Now if you move the cursor down the line, it skips over the "c"
character. Also, if you put the cursor on "d" and run getpos(".") you
get the incorrect value "3"

Nico