On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Mattia Pascal <mattia.pas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When gvim starts executing my vimrc file
>
> lang en
> language mes en
> set langmenu=en_US.UTF-8
> [...]
>
> an error dialog pops out (I'm on an italian machine):
>
> Errore/i eseguendo C:\Program Files\73Vim\_vimrc: // Error executing.....
> linea
> 1:
> // line 1 :
> E197: Non posso impostare lingua a "en"                     // E197: I can't
> set the language to "en"
>
> Actually the environment language is set to english and everythings is OK.

The :lang command expects you to provide a valid locale as an argument.
Whether aliases, like "en", are valid depends on how your system is
configured.  The failsafe approach is to use the full locale name.
Based on your 'langmenu' setting, you likely want to use:

    lang en_US.UTF-8
    lang mes en_US.UTF-8

--
James