Hi,

Perl is suffering from the same problem as Ruby in that it includes
"-arch" flags in LDFLAGS and CFLAGS when compiling on Mac OS X.  These
flags should only be present when explicitly compiling for multiple
(or specific) architectures and causes problems in other situations.

The attached patch to configure.in strips these flags in the same way
as we already do for Ruby.  I also updated the Ruby portion to strip
"-arch x86_64" in addition to "ppc" and "i386".  This patch only
affects the configure script on Mac OS X.

Björn