On 26-Jul-2010 23:29, Dominique Pellé wrote:
> The completion EXPAND_FILETYPE expands things from files
> located in $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/.

Granted, most filetypes do define custom highlighting via a
$VIMRUNTIME/syntax/<filetype>.vim script. But shouldn't the filetype completion
also take into account files from the ftplugin and syntax directories, too?
If I for example have a custom filetype "bullettext" that defines custom fold
and indent settings, but no highlighting, I would expect to have this filetype
included in the completion.

> Maybe $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/ should have rather be called
> $VIMRUNTIME/filetype/ but this should not be changed anymore
> since it has been like this for a long time and changing name would
> break things.

As I understand it, there are three integration points: indent (obvious), syntax
(for highlighting) and ftplugin (other buffer settings). Though syntax seems to
be the most common one, I would prefer keeping that descriptive name.

-- regards, ingo