On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Guopeng Wen <wenguop...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found the 7.3d NSIS installer I built cannot uninstall Vim on
> Windows XP SP3.  When I replicate the uninstallation process
> manually, the following error was reported when launch
> "uninstal.exe":
>
>    Entry Point Not Found:
>    The procedure entry point RegDeleteKeyExA could not be located
>    in the dynamic link library ADVAPI32.DLL.
>
> It turns out RegDeleteKeyEx() is only available on 64 bit Windows,
> according to MSDN:
>    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724847(VS.85).aspx
> Minimum supported client:
>    Windows Vista, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
>
> That function call was introduced in changeset b204ac54bea4:
>    Fix: the MS-Windows uninstaller did not delete registry keys on
>    64 bit systems.
>
> The simple patch (against changeset 7f578da7edb2) I attached defines
> a macro REG_DELETE_KEY, which translates to RegDeleteKeyEx when
> WIN3264 defined, and to RegDeleteKey otherwise.
>
> I only tested the patch on Windows XP SP3, it works.  I do not have
> 64-bit system to verify with, it should work in theory since the
> code is the same after pre-processing when WIN3264 is defined.

I should also mention that I built Vim with MinGW, WINVER was set to
0x0500.  uninstal.c was built fine but the executable won't run on
32-bit Windows XP.  The "RegDeleteKeyExA entry point not found in
ADVAPI32.DLL" error will be reported as mentioned above, and
"uninstal.exe" would abort without doing anything.

Regards!

--
Guopeng