James Vega wrote:

> Using a recent version of the vim73 repo (e037ee8598b3), the below steps
> show some display corruption.
>
> From Vim's source directory, use the attached test.vim as follows and
> perform a search for "text" -- /text<CR>.
>
>   $ vim -u test.vim -N runtime/syntax/tex.vim
>
> Namely, the cursor is displayed in an incorrect position but 'ga' does
> show that it is on the 't' from "texTypeSize".  Also, the search causes
> a fold to open and remnants of the 'foldtext' is still displayed.
>
> ":redraw!" will clear the remnants of the 'foldtext' but the other
> display corruption still exists.
>
> Issuing ":set list!" to toggle the list characters on and off will show
> that the cursor is at the start of the match, as expected, and that
> enabling 'list' changes the display of items other than those being
> covered by 'list'.  For example, some of the groups listed in the
> contains list for texCmdGroup get garbled when 'list' is enabled.
>
> So far, I've only been able to reproduce this when viewing the tex
> syntax file.

That's because of this modeline:

" vim: ts=8 fdm=marker ambw=double

It sets 'ambiwidth' to "double" after setting 'listchars'.  That's what
is causing the trouble, because the 0xb7 character is then suddenly double
width.

I think the way to solve it is to disallow changing 'ambiwith' when it
causes 'listchars' or 'fillchars' to become invalid.  I'll make a patch
for that.

Perhaps we should remove 'ambiwidth' from that modeline?

--
Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.