On 11/08/10 02:57, John Beckett wrote:
[...]
While it would best to eliminate the redundant redraws
altogether (and I'll perhaps have a chance to look at that after
7.3 is released), I was wondering what happens once echoing of
the command fills the screen. There seems to be a flag which
tells Vim to only redraw the last line once the screen fills,

        'lazyredraw' maybe?

and I thought that at least the paste problem might be avoided
if that flag were used to not redraw once the screen fills. The
redraw fails anyway; the last line is garbled, which you can see
if you run the following code to generate some consistent text,
then copy and paste that text into the command line (caution:
you may have to kill Vim to recover).

  :new
  :for i in range(1, 500)
  :  call append(line('$'), printf('%04d-abcdefghijklmn', i))
  :endfor

The stress of all those redraws when pasting 10k characters
sometimes makes Vim crash. If Dominique notices this, perhaps he
could use some valgrind magic to see if something obvious needs
to be fixed.

John

Best regards,
Tony.
--
I for one cannot protest the recent M.T.A. fare hike and the
accompanying promises that this would in no way improve service.  For

Personally, I feel that it is well worth 75 cents or even $1 to have
that unimpeachable excuse whenever I am late to anything: "I came by
subway."  Those four words have such magic in them that if Godot should
someday show up and mumble them, any audience would instantly
understand his long delay.