On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Lech Lorens <lech.lor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found there's a difference in behaviour of Vim when you start
> appending in visual block mode depending on whether you mark text to the
> end of the line by pressing $ or by moving the cursor with l.
>
> Assume a text file with the following contents:
> #v+
> 1 abcd
> 2 efgh
> #v-
>
> Move the cursor to the first line and execute:
> 0fa<C-v>j$A<Esc>
> The contents of the file does not change.
>
> Now place the cursor in the first line again and execute the almost
> identical sequence:
> 0fa<C-v>jllllA<Esc>

In both cases, before pressing A the cursor is one column past the "h".
This makes sense since visual mode allows you to select the EOL.

For some reason, in the second case, pressing A positions the cursor two
columns past the "d".  This seems like a bug in not recognizing that the
cursor's column before pressing A is at the EOL and should stay at the
EOL since 'virtualedit' isn't set.

--
James
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <james...@jamessan.com>