On 2011/2/6 20:21, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

Hong Xu wrote:

The comment in function vim_tempname says: "GetTempPath() failed, use
current
dir". It use "szTempFile[0] = NUL" to do this, which makes szTempFile an
empty
string. szTempFile is going to be passed as a parameter to the function
GetTempFileName. However, if we want to use current directory, we should
szTempFile to ".", but not NULL.

See the Parameters->lpPathName part on the following link:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa364991%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

Thanks, makes sense.  It doesn't say what happens with an empty
directory, it might also work.  But following the docs is better.

Hello Bram,

With an empty directory, the temp file will be generated at the root directory of current partition.

Regards,
Hong Xu
2011/2/6