On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Philipp Edelmann <edelm...@fs.tum.de> wrote:
> Additionally, I think that strings and computed regexps should not be
> scanned for matching braces at all when it comes to determining the
> indentation. I changed the Get_brace_balance function to strip "..." and
> /.../ while taking into account escape characters. I am novice in
> writing Vim script and I'd be glad if somebody found a more elegant way
> of doing this but at least it seems to give proper indentation now.

The indent/awk.vim was my starting point to develop the indent/r.vim.
R and awk languages have some similarities and part of the code of
r.vim may now be useful for awk.vim. You may want to look at
indent/r.vim (but the code has very few comments explaining what is
being done). The indent/r.vim is part of the Vim-R-plugin:

Best,

Jakson