On superuser.com someone asked this question <http://superuser.com/questions/270938/how-to-run-vimtutor-on-windows>:

        "I'm running vim on Windows 7. It works, but when I type
        vimtutor on the command line, a window opens and closes
        immediately, and nothing else happens.

        "Is there a way to run vimtutor with Vim for Windows?"

I don't see this problem, but when I ran vimtutor.bat from a command line and from the start menu, both times it started an instance of cmd.exe which I had to type "exit" from before Vim would start on the tutor file. In the case of running from the start menu, I also had to type exit again after closing gVim itself.

- Christian

--
   "It has been proven that more Americans watch television than any other
                       appliance."  -- Gary Mule Deer