Christian Brabandt wrote:

> On Fr, 20 Mai 2011, Ben Bergman wrote:
>
> > Linux ubuntu 2.6.32-31-generic #61-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 8 18:24:35 UTC
> > 2011 i686 GNU/Linux
> > VIM - Vi IMproved 7.2 (2008 Aug 9, compiled Apr 16 2010 12:40:58)
> >
> > I am trying to use the ; command to repeat a search done with t but
> > since the cursor is already in front of a value that matches the
> > criteria, it does not repeat the search. The same thing happens when I
> > use , as the cursor goes to the right of the matched character. Is
> > this the intended functionality? If so, why is that and is there a
> > simple vimrc line I can add to bypass this? remap ";" to "l;" or
> > something, I guess? (Disclaimer: I'm a fairly basic vim user) I can
> > understand not moving if the initial search is performed from that
> > location, but a repeat from the ; key I should think would move along.
>
> Bram,
> as this has been discussed before, and I am personally also annoyed by
> that behaviour, would you accept a patch that introduces a new 'cpo'
> setting and changes that behaviour? I already have a patch ready.

It's true that using ";" after a "t" command is currently close to
useless.  Changing this would be backwards incompatible, but I doubt
anyone would notice.  I hardly use ";" anyway.  Would there be any
plugin that breaks?  I can't think of a reason why a plugin would rely on
";" not moving.

So I tend to think I would include such a patch.

--
# echo reboot >universe
# chmod +x universe