Hi Bram!

On Mo, 13 Jun 2011, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

> I finally had time to look into this.  Sorry for the delay.
>
> I think the current behavior is correct.  Showing a sign only when it
> happens to be on the first line of a closed fold doesn't seem right.
> Why not show a sign on the second line or last line of the fold?

Basically for the same reason, you show the line number of the first
line in the fold. But I don't have a strong feeling for it anyway. The
current behaviour is fine for me.

I just took the chance, when this question came up, to look into it and
give something back to the community.

> Since we don't show signs for the folded region, I think it's good to
> also use the closed-fold color in the sign column.

I don't really mind. In my opinion, it looks a little bit odd, though.

regards,
Christian