> I need to have a closer look.  Bugs usually have a higher priority than
> new features.

Hum, it's been a while now... should I create a ticket on
http://code.google.com/p/vim/issues/list so it's not forgotten?

In the meantime, we did some tests about potential problems with this
new feature:

test: autocmd! TextDeletePost * help :write
result:
  Error detected while processing TextDeletePost Auto commands for
"*":
  E523: Not allowed here: help :write

test: autocmd! TextDeletePost * bd
result:
  Error detected while processing TextDeletePost Auto commands for
"*":
  E523: Not allowed here: bd

test: autocmd! TextDeletePost * normal isometext
result: No error, but nothing inserted either

test: autocmd! TextDeletePost * normal dw
result: No error, but nothing deleted either

This looks fairly ok to me.
Philippe