Hi,

I have made a suggestion a year ago about increasing highlighting
priority of rare words:

http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/browse_thread/thread/acf58ea11dd98120

I'm just remembering the suggestion...

I'm also attaching a list of Portuguese words that I marked as rare,
so people who write in Portuguese could more easily test the patch.
The file should be appended to ~/.vim/spell/pt.utf-8.add and, then,
the following Vim command should be run:

:mkspell! pt.utf-8.add

I have even put the following in my .vimrc:

if has("autocmd")
  autocmd BufWritePost ~/.vim/spell/pt.utf-8.add mkspell! pt.utf-8.add
endif

Best regards,

Jakson Aquino