Bram,
I have a question: The documentation for char2nr() says:

,----
| char2nr({expr})                                               *char2nr()*
|             Return number value of the first char in {expr}.
`----

That is fine with me, except, that when using combining chars, I get
unexpected results.

If I use this character:
which is U+0075 U+0308 (LATIN SMALL LETTER U WITH COMBINING DIAERESIS),
yank that char into a register and use char2nr() with that register I
get only the numeric value for LATIN SMALL LETTER U which is 117.
Except, that I can't use nr2char again to get the small umlaut back
again.

Is that what is supposed to happen? If it is, than is should at least be
mentioned in the help, I think.

regards,
Christian