Hello,

I'm probably doing something wrong, but I can't see what it is.  So:

 I extracted a couple of lines from regexp.c (143,144):  (vim 7.3.244)

#define BRANCH        3    /* node Match this alternative, or the
                 *    next... */

and put them in a file "junk.c".  Then

  vim -u NONE -N --noplugin junk.c
  :syn on

shows the comment-ending pair of characters, */, in error highlighting.

FYI: I found this due to my looking at line 2045, (2044,2045)

              EMSG_M_RET_NULL(_("E71: Invalid character after %s%%"),
                              reg_magic == MAGIC_ALL);

and I noticed a bunch of error highlighting of going on and so looked for the first such example.

Are others seeing this?

Regards,
Chip Campbell