Nikolai Weibull wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 00:08, Nikolai Weibull <n...@bitwi.se> wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 18:34, ZyX <zyx....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> The following patch adds foldexpr option that will fold sections separated
> >> by
> >> sequences of `=' (foldlevel=1) and `-' (foldlevel=2).
> >
> > What’s the general practice for this?  Do we set foldexpr from
> > ftplugin files, or is that up to the user to add to after/ftplugin?
>
> Bram, can you please weigh in on this?

Only when folding is really something that is a logical thing to use for
a certain filetype should it be included by default.  In nearly all
situations it should be an optional feature that is enabled by the user.

Help files are best viewed without folding.  There is a table of
contents with tags at the start.  Folding might give a bit of an
overview, but it requires opening and closing folds.  Perhaps some
people will like it.

--
FATHER: We are here today to witness the union of two young people in the
        joyful bond of the holy wedlock.  Unfortunately, one of them, my son