On 09/10/2011 08:24 PM, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

Hong Xu wrote:

Vim sometimes crashes when using ":GetScripts". Here is the debug
information (7.3.303):

Thanks for the stack trace.  I can see what happens: when a window is
closed, halfway when freeing up the data structures, the GUI resize
causes an update of window properties while the buffer is invalid.

Unfortunately I can't reproduce it.  That makes it difficult to guess how
to fix this.

I tried setting the buffer pointer to NULL, so that any access will fail.
I found one unrelated problem with using the buffer after it was freed.
The ":ownsyntax" code was buggy.

Please try this patch and see if the bug has been fixed.
If it still fails it might also be helpful to run Vim under valgrind.
:help valgrind.

This has fixed it for me (at least I tried it three times and it doesn't appear again, but without the patch I can still reproduce it).

Thanks for the patch.

Hong