Hello.

I'm new on vim-dev. I'm enthusiast of old 8-bit Atari XL/XE computers
and I write programs for these machines from time to time.

In my 8-bit works I often use xxd tool (on PC of course) to view some
kind of binary files.
Atari XL/XE series computers have two standards of text encoding:
- ATASCII - little modified set of standard ASCII,
- ANTIC internal - set used to write letters to memory screen used by
Atari chip to present characters on TV screen (something like character
text modes on old PC/MS DOS hardware).
Lower half of both sets are normal characters (f.ex. black characters on
white background), but higher half present same characters with inversed
colors (f.ex. white characters on black background).

To make Atari files more readable I have been introduced two switches:
* -m mask - for masking bytes before print on the right side (I think it
can be found useful for another not Atari speciffic works),
* -A - for convert characters from ANTIC standard to ASCII.

Patch is here: http://mono.i-demo.pl/vim-7.3-xxd-1.10-atari.patch .
Maybe it will be useful for another people.

Best regards
Jerzy Kut

P.S. For -A switch to be more common I can rewrite it to array mapping
form with example ANTIC2ASCII file. It could be used for another simple
conversion with simple binary 256-byte files (-A file).