Thilo Six wrote:

> attached is full list of affected files. Those files below /doc can be
> ignored i
> assume. I would like to see the rest fixed, too. Can we join forces?

Well, I sent out a missive to the maintainers of the syntax files (some of
whom also own some of the other runtime files), since Bram wants to be able
to pull the fixes from upstream.  I've gotten a few responses (and a couple
bounces) so far, but it'll take some time to filter through.  What's left
over without a response after a few weeks I'll submit to Bram directly.

> $ recgrep -l '^[\t ]*\\' .

I used

    comm -13 =(grep -l "set cpo" **/*.vim) =(grep -l "^[[:space:]]*\\\\"
**/*.vim)

to generate mine (with some zsh-isms).  That gives 73 files to check out
once you ignore the keymap files.

    autoload/ada.vim
    autoload/adacomplete.vim
    autoload/decada.vim
    autoload/gnat.vim
    autoload/htmlcomplete.vim
    autoload/javascriptcomplete.vim
    autoload/netrw.vim
    autoload/phpcomplete.vim
    autoload/sqlcomplete.vim
    autoload/syntaxcomplete.vim
    autoload/xml/html32.vim
    autoload/xml/html401f.vim
    autoload/xml/html401s.vim
    autoload/xml/html401t.vim
    autoload/xml/html40f.vim
    autoload/xml/html40s.vim
    autoload/xml/html40t.vim
    autoload/xml/xhtml10f.vim
    autoload/xml/xhtml10s.vim
    autoload/xml/xhtml10t.vim
    autoload/xml/xhtml11.vim
    autoload/xml/xsd.vim
    autoload/xml/xsl.vim
    compiler/cs.vim
    compiler/decada.vim
    compiler/g95.vim
    compiler/gfortran.vim
    compiler/gnat.vim
    compiler/hp_acc.vim
    compiler/ifort.vim
    compiler/intel.vim
    compiler/irix5_c.vim
    compiler/irix5_cpp.vim
    compiler/mips_c.vim
    compiler/mipspro_c89.vim
    compiler/mipspro_cpp.vim
    ftplugin/art.vim
    ftplugin/cs.vim
    ftplugin/occam.vim
    ftplugin/pyrex.vim
    ftplugin/python.vim
    ftplugin/spec.vim
    indent/cmake.vim
    indent/css.vim
    indent/eiffel.vim
    indent/idlang.vim
    indent/java.vim
    indent/mp.vim
    indent/occam.vim
    indent/python.vim
    indent/sqlanywhere.vim
    indent/vim.vim
    indent/xinetd.vim
    lang/menu_ja_jp.euc-jp.vim
    lang/menu_ja_jp.utf-8.vim
    lang/menu_japanese_japan.932.vim

If you want, we can split them up, but the trick will be to weed out
maintainers that already got the message by way of the syntax file missive
I sent out and to make sure we don't duplicate each other.  I think it's
probably less work for one person to do it.  I'll send you the email I sent
out, if you want to do it.

Danek