On Oct 31, 6:33 am, Walt Elam <wre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/10/31 Дмитрий Франк <dimon.fr...@gmail.com>
>
> > Gvim on Windows doesn't remember its position and size.
>
> > I have two monitors, and Gvim always starts in the primary monitor and
> > non-maximized. I have to everytime move it to another monitor and maximize.
> > Other Windows applications remember its screen position and size, and start
> > with the same parameters as it was closed.
>
>            You can use the following attributes in the _vimrc file located
> in C:\Program Files\Vim:

A much better place would be the user-specific file instead of the
system-wide one, which additionally could get overwritten with every
new Vim install.

Go into Vim and do :echo $HOME to see where Vim found your $HOME
directory. Then create a file called either _vimrc or .vimrc in that
directory.

After you do this, you can actually refer to this file using the
$MYVIMRC environment variable, from within Vim.